7 is a magical number – a number of power. There was a study many years ago called the Magic Number 7 that observed crows, discovering that crows can remember up to 7 things. It turns out that’s true for us too: we can remember around 7 things – concrete or abstract – at a time. “7” also stands for the 7 generations that influence us, and that we will influence, according to shamanism. What we do and how we do it is partly a result of the 7 generations that came before us – it’s something that we can’t ignore without blinding ourselves to who we are. In shamanism, “7” also stands for the dream and freedom.
With this in mind, I wonder what last year offers you now for this year. And if you could clarify your dream for this year, what would it be? To help you out, I offer you 7 questions.
- A moment to remember. If you could choose one moment from 2017, what moment would that be? How can you carry that moment into 2018?
- Connections. Who did you connect with in 2017 that changed you. Who do you want to connect with this year?
- Lost Opportunities. Who did you wish you connected with last year, but didn’t? What did you learn from that experience that can help you this year?
- Battles. What inner battles did you grapple with last year? Which ones did you resolve, and which are your battles for this year?
- Wins. What were the greatest personal “wins” you made last year? What are you aiming for this year?
- Hope. What gave you hope in 2017 that you can carry inside you as you begin 2018?
- Dreams. What one thing, above all else, do you want to focus on for 2018?
Now I’d love to hear from you about your own experiences, knowledge, opinions. In the comments below, share one thing that you experienced as a mirror moment that changed your day, or even your life.
This newsletter is in three parts: the first part is my contribution; the second is a video I’ve found that relates to the topic in part 1; the third is a quote. I hope you enjoy the richness this brings to the topic of the week with all three parts.
5 ways to kill your dream
Quote of the Week
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one. ― John Lennon
At times we need more – we know the logic, know what to do. And yet something is still blocking us. I offer both one-on-one consultations and coaching packages. For more information, visit my website www.thejoyofliving.co/services-and-programs or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org